Nova Girl

When the world is soft and quiet
In the peace of a still night
Is when I come outside
And converse with the sky
For there are no riots
Nothing in this moment that isn't right
In a world in which I hide
This is the one place I don't lie
Here is where I murmur to the stars
And tell them my secrets stored away
Because the galaxies are good listeners
And the moon won't ever budge
They cannot read my scars
And though they don't have much to say
The electricity of the sky's glisten
Is a peace I embrace and with it stay not judged
So when I am out here chatting with the moon
I squeeze the stillness of the night into my fists
And press it close to my chest
So that I may carry the peace into my life
And I see how the tranquility works so soon
For I have stolen a star for in my heart to exist
Quietly, I enclose it inside of my breast
So wherever I am, the night will outshine my strife.
-anna sluder



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See