First Met

I met you in the middle of a stream,
Where I was thrashing and struggling,
For I was simply and surely drowning,
I didn't understand why you dove in,
Maybe you just like the water too,
I know that is why I had leapt in,
A muscled hand streaking towards me,
I didn't know what you were doing,
As I convulsed in the tossing drifts of water,
But the moment I saw your eyes,
The same color as the grass I wanted to stand on,
Instead of the blue I was imprisoned in,
I quit,
Fighting,
Resisting,
And wrangling,
Flailing,
And trying,
I didn't give up,
As I melted tenderly into the blue,
I simply gave in,
Into your eyes, that haven of green,
And when I sunk down so far,
That the water turned from blue to green,
The color of your eyes,
I realized something,
That you were trying to save me,
But you couldn't,
And it doesn't matter,
That you didn't save my body in whole,
For in a dreamlike moment,
Of only looking into your eyes,
I know that you saved my soul.
 
-anna sluder
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See