Do I

How bad
How deep and pitless
Do I
How desperately straining
That I grope at dustless, lightless air
Do I
How fervently sweating
That the veins pop out of the neck of my desire
Do I
...
Do I wish to tell you
That and how I am
Infallibly
Taintlessly virginally
And incandescently
I am in love with you
But my fingertips
They are milliseconds
Five hundredths of a millimeter
Only an atom and an iota
Away
But it's not about how far
But how you are still away
How ardent
Do I
Do I
Love you
But I can't reach you
And how my do I
Would be so much more
When and if you would write them on a piece of paper
Ball them up and roll them
Tenderly onto my fingertips
And down into the palm of my hand
Like a stupefying magician
And when you do
I unfolded what I thought
What I thought were my do I's
Simply returned because you didn't want them
And it seems the grandest magic trick ever produced
Ever felt ever experienced
Like how
Do I
...
But I run my fingers over the words
To make sure they don't fly
Far away with you
Off the page as some lie
for what I read
Is

I do.



-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See