Stay

What if I didn't stay
right here in your arms?
what would you say?
that I drowned without your safeguard?
I don't truly need you,
you are not a necessity to me,
but someone I want so true,
so please don't let me flee,
I will stay because I love you,
Only from want, not from need,
for I am afraid of my value,
of who I am if I follow your lead,
and lose myself in your every step,
if I cannot survive without you by,
by my side sitting on our doorstep,
watching the stars too magically fly,
or laughing at me as I use my fortune cookie numbers,
as a baseline for my lottery ticket,
or when you come home and hold my lumbars,
as we meet at the fence and you kiss me against the picket,
but God, do I love you,
only I am not so much afraid of people holding on,
and pressing and trapping me like glue,
but that one perilous day upon,
the lateness of my age, I will scatter away,
away from you and our love so kind,
for the reason that I run and forget to stay,
is that my greatest fear is of leaving you behind.


-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See