Me for Me

I wish you would love me
Not for how funny the stories are that I tell
I wish you wouldn't measure my worth by my beauty
I wish you'd love me
Even when I fail by thinking of myself
If only I didn't have to struggle and work for your love
My life would seem  much more whole
When you decide not to love me by the surface of my soul
Instead of the depth I truly own
And the love I hold for all
Just for once love me for something that isn't
The skin of this society
The shell of my body
The crust of this life
The husk of only what pleases you
The crown of nothing
The sheath of my heart
The bark of this world
...
For all those things are shallow and don't lie deep down,
Those things will fleetingly break,
But when all put together they can make a person drown.
 
 
-anna sluder


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See