Read Me

If you could write me down
Onto a paper piece 
Would each word be black
Thick and menacing
Or would I be curled 
Softly and tenderly
From the tip of a feather
Am I precise and structured
From the strict confines
Of a ball point pen
Would you write me with
The bubbling mud 
Of an oaken earth
Is my name stained 
Down with the chromatic juice 
Of fragrant flower petals 
Do I cross over the lines
Loudly and rambunctiously
Snapping the boundaries of words
Or am I so small
That you can barely read me
As if I am not worth it at all
If I am illegibly sloppy
Do you draw away in fear
Of the disaster I may cause? 
How you define me 
By seeing my handwriting  
Is the most important fate
For it doesn't matter what 
The words do dare to say 
If you can't read me at all. 


-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See