Orange Town Train

There is some horn 
Then some wheels
Clicking along some rails 
Circling around our little orange town
Like curls of black smoke 
The train orbits around in a circle
And I wonder why the town built
A train track that only goes in a circle
Revolving around and around

         And                  around

A caution sign, the smoke around 
And around our little orange town 
With orange people and orange signs
The black train crackling and purrs 
As it rotates around us
And I cannot help but see 
The train losing tangibility
Becoming a black ghost in the air
And our orange signs spark
Our orange people ignite
And I soon wonder 
As the smell of oranges in the town
Turns burning
That the black veil around us 
Blurs my eyes hot and wet
And how could I have never known
This sensation on my skin
The taste of ash in my mouth
That it was from the little black train
Around and around 

And              around                 us

Slowly and methodically
 Setting us on fire. 






-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See