Burn

Time is caustic
Burning me slowly
As I squander away my life 
Decaying uncultivated 
As I walk along this road alone
I wish not to wither
I wish not to ignite
But
My life is a desolate field
Never been sown with seeds
Never reaped for fruit or crop
I am unharvested 
And time is a wildfire
That burns what never deserved to be
For the one thing that is my own
Is my life, and it is a life not lived 
So I step off of this deserted road
And step into my field
A field that cannot be called deserted 
If it never once was occupied
And I watch the fire swarm around my ankles
Luring me down
Inviting me into a burning sunset on the ground
Offering a fiery embrace 
And I am so desperate to not be alone
To not be friendless
That even though I know what it will steal
That it isn't a true friend, instead a ravaging thief
And do exactly the opposite of what I wanted
But all the shallow desire to be loved
The shallow desire to make time my friend
That I lay down in my unplowed field
Wild with tangles and brambles
And fire
Then
Let
Myself
Burn

Slowly

In time's timeless embrace. 


-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See