Fool's Love

You love me
But you twist the twine
It is from your own tender hands
That you braid the cable
Into a circle of love 
With a tail that dances at the end
Your lips spill into mine
As you loop it around my throat
Kissing the burns of lasso 
All around the necklace you've given
Oh what a beautiful gift around my throat! 
You tighten the cord 
You always liked the choker jewelry
Hands pouring over my chest
As you lift me up onto a chair
Perhaps to find a place under my dress 
All of this, a gift and your touch
For the day of our anniversary
But as you gush under my dress pleat
You bump me, sorry baby
But the necklace it is too tight!
Too tight! 
No chair under
And with the tail of the rope in your hand
You fall
And I rise
And as you run to another woman
Still holding the chain of my necklace
Oblivious to the fact
That I am breathless and blue
I realize
That you and your necklace
And your hollow love
Was only a damn noose. 


-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See