To Have This Dance

Raise up your hands and squeal
Leap through the meadows and around 
Live in happiness as if it is that all you can feel
And forget that your feet touch the ground 
My child, dance to the music of this earth
Why do you think the wind chases dandelion seeds?
The world tries to halt our stirring since mankind's birth
But my darling do not let them succeed
Why do you think that the grasses sway?
They cannot suppress the music inside,
It wasn't supposed to be this way,
Where people think melodies are what you hide 
Nothing was ever meant to be completely still
Even flowers grow from seed to bloom
They dance on top of the rolling grassy hills
Knowing there is time to be still in the tomb
Dance to the music of the streams 
Waltz to the ballad of the wind
Foxtrot to the melody of the swaying sunbeams 
And do not let your feet be pinned
My love, back by the angst of others
Dance to the bird's singing shrill 
Listen to the music of your earthly mother 
For in the end there will be plenty of time to be still 
My beloved, if you do not dance now
Soon the vinyl song will be running out 
And you will wonder and regret how
You talked yourself out of dancing about 
The autumn leaves jazz there way to the ground
As rabbits hip hop down the forest's hall
Do not forget to prance to the earth's musical sounds
For there will come a moment when nothing moves at all
And the reason that I beg and am always telling you
In the meadows to leap about and prance
For as I child I grew but I never knew
The art of learning how to dance. 



-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See