White Rose

Parted lips and silken gowns 
I offer you a single white rose
On the porch of your small house in this small town 
And when you see my smile, I wonder  if anyone knows 
That I have fallen in love you my dear 
As you turn to tuck it into your hair
Standing in your prom dress in front of your mirror
I know that you do care 
Red lips and one silken white gown 
I slide a ring off the stem of a white rose 
For us to be married at the small church in this small town 
Now everybody knows 
And when we grow old, your body slows
Then you die in our small house in this small town 
And instead of ashes, I write your name on each petal of a white rose
To spread in the wind, and tuck into the folds of your wedding gown. 









-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See