Thousands

A thousand eyes, stars, a thousand windows to our souls
A place I can see with, but not see into 
A thousand dreamlike moments, where in the same instant
I have gained and lost my soul, again and again
Into the wilderness of eyes, the islands of stars
The place far off that can see us, yet we cannot see 
And you find that eyes and stars and the instantaneous moments and the slowing of time 
Is the enigma of this life for when it makes a mystery of ourselves, we burn into fate as myths 
And that scares us like hell, is not the skin over my veins and bones true? 
So we tell ourselves anything proven unknown cannot be real 
But I am your evidence, I am the proven theory
Explore the cirrus clouds of my eyes, and know that I am real 
Alive to contradict the mystery of it all
It is no puzzle what's on the other side of eyes, of stars, and of a thousand windows to our souls
It is simply and purely another people 
Staring futilely into their side, wondering too if it is only a mirror
Or if there is more of these terrified people on the other side, watching us too. 


-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See