A Poem from the Abuser

Let me kiss your bruised knees
And you can kiss my wicked heart
Because I didn't mean to make you fall
Or push you down, or hit you, 
Or slug you until blood ran like a labyrinth between splintered bones
Yeah you know whatever you want to call it 
And yes maybe it was more than your knees
It was those clumsy hands of yours 
And those dirt ugly ribs that jut out like you haven't eaten in days
When God knows I haven't starved you for more than a day 
And maybe I broke your pathetic teeth that never smile for me
It's just you're too focused on yourself 
You never want to do anything for others 
So quit laying there all limp and your skin red and dripping with self pity 
So get up damn it and kiss me. 

-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See