An Ode To The Beautiful Future

Darling, you are the tender orange of a sunset 
The infinity of stars tucking the night in like a blanket
You are the moment that the sun and the moon first met
When they knew that there love wouldn't be something they could forget 
You are the fierce wind tossing back locks of hair
The warmth of a ferocious fire that creeps quietly into your bones 
The crinkly eyes locked in two lovers' first stare
The soft presence that heals a person from being alone 
God if only you all knew how beautiful you truly are
But even a poet cannot describe these human works of art 
For you are immeasurable galaxies unreachably too far 
Stars I cannot catch in my hand yet I still cannot part
So just know I see you all, all of you
And I am painting you permanently in my mind
Writing your names in my books, in my prayers, in my heart 
Admiring your beauty as your stars align. 


-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See