Get Out Of My House

What do you think I mean when I say "get out of my house"? 
It means your things are in boxes out in the rain
It means don't even look at my front porch again
For my heart is a house 
And you opened the door without knocking
But just because it's unlocked doesn't mean you can march in 
It doesn't mean you can drag your soiled shoes vilely across my carpet 
Spill putrid beer on my couch 
Kick your feet up on the coffee table like it was yours to scratch 
And I thought that this was normal, it was good to get comfortable 
But then you painted the walls a color I didn't even recognize 
And turned my room into your gym, my bed as your punching bag
And when I started locking the doors 
You would throw pebbles at my window like an old romantic 
Until the pebbles turned to rocks and rocks turned the glass to pieces 
And then when I let you have your own key 
You took mine too until I was left out in the rain
When it should of been you 
Because this is my house, my home
And just because you swindled your way in 
Doesn't mean I can't kick you out 
So when I say "Get out of my house" 
I really mean "Get the hell out of my heart." 


-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See