What It Really Means

When I say it's a long story I really mean it's a short story I just don't want to tell it
When I say it's complicated I really mean it's quite simple I just don't know if I can explain it
And when you say you're sorry and I say it's okay I really mean that it's really not okay that it happened but it's okay that you feel sorry for me
And when I say it was a long time ago  I really mean that time doesn't make me forget I just like to pretend like that it does 
And for the second time you say that you're sorry because you don't know what else to say and I say it's not your fault I really mean that I am trying to think of thousand ways of under the sun that it is and isn't my fault 
And when I say you don't have to comfort me, that it's not your job I really mean oh god please comfort me because I wish there was somebody that had that job, and because I have no one 
So when I say one thing I rarely ever mean what you think it means, so just don't ever listen to me 
But when I say sorry you don't have to listen to me I really mean please, somebody listen to me. 


-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See