i believe in all things good

We are loosely defined
by the colors of the night 
by who we choose to be
in the universal abatement of souls
and I for one, am like no other
for in the instance that the earth
would leak out like yolk
from an off-white shell
hole-punched by trips and cracks
I will collect all that is lovely and 
that wants to be lovely
and I will spread them out like butter
so it will seep into the cracks of this land
for the love of all things that are right,
and beautiful and strong
I believe in books, and music, and art
I believe in beauty
that an artist spends a lifetime painting
a flower for the sake of the flower
and for the sake of all things good
I believe in love. 

-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See