Love Is

I want love to radiate from the earth of this country, 
From the earth of this world,
I want it to radiate so much that it shakes us a little
No, I want it to wildly quake our spirits
I want it to shake down the walls and the borders 
So that they crumble into dusty atoms
I want it to shake down ignorance and racism, sexism 
So much that the size of breasts and the color of skin will no longer determine our future 
I want love to shake down human trafficking, murder and genocide, slavery 
So much that evil will cower and whimper away in the shadow of love 
I want love to strip the world to its bones 
And make the marrow inside of them
rattle too
So much that we never again will forge evil with our souls 
Because love will have knocked us off our feet with its challenge to love 
For love is patient and love is kind
But love is also a fierce bitch, and exactly what we need
To pry our blind eyes open and show us 
That love is not in need of us
We are in need of it. 

-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See