Sheets

I wonder what the silk sheets would say 
Of the rich white playboy who sleeps in them
Would they speak of the blood of the virgins he lures into them
To numb the blind ache of his own ignorance? 
I wonder what the cotton sheets would say 
Of the underpaid laborer who sleeps in them
Would they speak of the way his body lays corpselike under the exhaustion 
Or would they whisper of how in the night he secretly screams?
I wonder what the clods of dirt would say 
Of the African child who sleeps in it 
Would they speak of the eyes on a scrawny body that can't close
Because the gunshots are too loud and the kidnappers too many? 
I wonder what the sheets of America would say.
I wonder what they would say. 

-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See