Forbidden Books

We drank outlawed wine
made love on the pages of forbidden books
permeating through the papyrus love of forbidden words
became an idea that danced like light
but tasted like bitter tea
I hope you know you'd have to slit my throat
Let all the ideas like little stars floating in my blood pour out
before you could bring me back to oblivion, my old friend
for I have lived out life, like corners of pages curling with age
drying and crinkling under the sun after being wet
I have heard things, beautiful things
I have tasted wonders
and there is no way to wield it out of me
they are a part of me,
you might as well try carving out
every freckle that has bloomed from where the sun has kissed me
every weed that has grown despite
for I have seen things
I have loved things
And a soul refuses to forget.

-anna sluder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See