You Belong (Not) With Me

You belong among the wildflowers,
among the rivers that choose not to be confined to a name
You belong to the groves of trees where I dream that we'll meet
For I love you
I love you like nothing else and that is all
but I couldn't dare confine you to
something as small as my heart
for even loving you like nothing else is
too quiet, too polite, not enough
And maybe I'll be hiking one day
in the mountains and boulders and cliffs
with the mother of my children
a woman nothing like you
and I'll see you
with twigs and feathers in your hair
screaming over the edge of the cliff,
howling with the wildness inside of you that I could never tame
Laughing at the wind, and the sun, and the earth
because you still don't have a name.

-anna sluder 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time present time

Green

The Only Future I See